Welcome, nice that you are taking some time to visit my profile...
- Start 1976 as my prior passion, memebrship in a photo club, own dark room
- Attendance at weekend workshops of professional photographers and teachers.
- audio visual projects with up to 4 projektors
- From 1993 until 2008 break due to family and work obligations (even wanted to stop photography and sell my gear)
- 2003 first small step into digital (only family) photography
- mid of 2008, after buying a DSLR, a new startup in this wonderful hobby.
Exhibitions and projects:
- 2009 : My first own Photoexhibition in the local museum "Handwerk Ganz Nah" ("Closeup on Handcrafts")
- 2010: 10 month project documenting the work of the local Music School Düren for it's 40 year anniversary (more than 3.500 photos). 40-page publication and small photo exhibition.
- 2012: Exhibition "Christa Schmitt" was dedicated to the work of Christa Schmitt, a ceramic artist, including photo-journalistic and -documentary work from my side.
- 2012 I was asked to document the the project "9-99 Das Orchester" which is supported by a trust. Additional commission on this topic for the H.Quandt trust, Berlin.
- 2013: Lecturer for a weekend photography workshop at our local museum
- 2013 exhibition. "I Can See The Music" in "Schloss Burg, Düren" together with 2 other painters.
Since 2011 I am member of the "Fotografische Gesellschaft 1925 Düren e.V."
My quote I try to follow "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince